May 16, 2009

pearls and Swars

The one thing about wearing my JOOLZ to work is that it becomes a showcase and advertisement. It's gotten me a couple of commissions, a lot of compliments and a decent amount of repeat business. I had one of the girls I work with bring in a whole slew of broken things and things which she wanted toggles put onto and a couple of redesigns, so I set to that last weekend. When I brought in the bounty on Monday, she was ecstatic and loved everything! The hit of the whole affair was a set of 'evening JOOLZ she'd suggested a design for, and I created for her and I was so impressed with how elegant they looked when I was done, that not only am I going to name the pieces after her when I list some like them on etsy, but I had to take pictures! I haven't yet pulled them off my camera from last weekend - been a busy week of Wii-Fitting and whatnot after work, but having a long weekend to play with presents all sorts of possibilities...
Lori earrings

Lori bracelet

Elegant watch


I have some paper clay that I'm thinking I'll make earrings and possibly brooches out of. Maybe even some links I can use to make necklaces/bracelets with, if I do them small enough! I have a bunch of cool rubber stamps I've been itching to use and some water colour inks that need some glitter with them to funk up these earrings-to-be. I think I know what my next post will be...

2 comments:

Violet LeBeaux said...

Oooow I love that watch! Actually I love all of them, it's totally my style. More pearls please!

Laura said...

Thank you! I made a bunch of green pearl necklaces today - I'll have to shoot them and post them for you. =)